Thursday, December 07, 2006

I Love My LibraryThing

I want three days to spend at home with my shelves and my LibraryThing. Tim Spaulding is a GENIUS. www.librarything.com

I'm a late adopter--kind of like with blogging, but now that I've moved over I'm hooked. My sister has over the years vainly pleaded with me to put my books into some sort of catalog--for how else is she supposed to know which of the "Cat Who" mysteries already grace my shelves and how many Cathy Guisewite books I really own. Everything she would send me to try though was so clunky that I couldn't begin to wade through it.

Enter Tim and his fabulous, online, shareable, manageable product. Take a simple concept, give it to the geeks to break, and then bring it to the world at a reasonable price. It's only $25 for a lifetime subscription, as many books as I want. Who doesn't find that fantabulous!!

Once my library is a little more populated, I might be inclined to share--as long as it doesn't mean getting too much ribbing for my romance novel collection...

No comments: