Thursday, August 23, 2007

More "On a Claire Day" and the Public Library

A couple of weeks ago I noticed that the comic strip "On A Claire Day" was looking at the main character interviewing for a job in a public library. Today (8/23), the strip picked the theme up again and I think they did a nice job.

They pick up with Claire's interview, where she makes the inevitable "I know Dewey" joke. The librarian with whom she is interviewing notes that it's great and mentions how they've incorporated Dewey with modern technology (SQL, etc).

Hooray! A non library focused strip noting that libraries (public libraries--no less) are moving onwards in technology! Yay!

I hope they'll be able to keep it going--Claire was working over the holidays in a "Crate and Basket" and that was amusement in corporate/customer service stuff.

Back to the rest of my non-2.0 day.

No comments: