Tuesday, March 23, 2010

I Won I Won I Won

So my ffeeps and close friends and coworkers have already been assaulted with this but I was one of the top three essayists for the LISNews Essay Contest!  Hooray! 

The comments have been interesting, mostly very supportive, for which I'm thrilled and grateful. I hope it inspires people to think outside of the box. I hope they'll reach out to working adults, not just in the age groups I mentioned, but as a whole. I'd love to see a resurgence and enthusiasm for adult programming that children's and teen librarians are constantly trying to achieve. And if your library is doing something awesome, I'd certainly welcome an email so I can share it with others--the library collective can certainly come up with more ideas than I alone can.

1 comment:

Dumpling said...

Ohhh, well done you!!