Sunday, March 02, 2008

Random Quote Sunday: Failing the Tara Test

It's a good thing my friends don't always expect me to start conversations with pleasantries--this week, I started a conversation in this fashion:

"People don't really call each other 'chicken' do they?"

Yes, yes--I'm a Yankee, born and bred. As M pointed out--if you're southern and have read your Margaret Mitchell, it's a perfectly acceptable term:

"Don't be scared, chickens!" came her voice with teasing gaiety.
"Your big sister was trying to clean the rust off Charles' pistol
and it went off and nearly scared her to death!" --(Gone with the Wind)
What makes this question even more ridiculous is that over the course of that conversation I realized I've called people Duck, Duckling, and Duckie for a few years.

Quack.

No comments: