Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Embracing Childhood Literature

Does anyone else remember the Little Miss and Mr. Men series? Why it was always Little Miss and why never Little Mr. I'll never know but I have fond memories of making the Incredibly-Patient-Mother read Little Miss Clean to me over and over and over and over again. She ran outside, wiped up the puddle, ran inside, washed the rag, dried it, ironed it (a washcloth...), and put it away. It was quite extreme but I'm here to tell you--I don't iron my washcloths. So apparently it didn't warp me too much.

But those books--are back. They were in my fall Penguin Group Catalog under the Price Stern Sloan section.













and Amazon has them.

Okay /dork.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I loved those books when I was a kid! I've actually seen a handful of people (mostly early 20-somethings) wearing shirts with the lovable characters on them. I would love one for myself, though I'm not sure where people are picking them up.

Anyway, thanks for brightening my day with that news!