THE 99 THINGS MEME
Things you’ve already done: bold
Things you want to do: italicize
Things you haven’t done and don’t want to - leave in plain font
1. Started your own blog.
2. Slept under the stars.
3. Played in a band.
5. Watched a meteor shower.
6. Given more than you can afford to charity.
7. Been to Disneyland/world.
8. Climbed a mountain.
9. Held a praying mantis. (Albeit, usually inadvertently—there’s a BUG on me!!!)
10. Sang a solo.
Did full recitals and sang at least one solo for Chamber Singers :)
11. Bungee jumped.
13. Watched a lightning storm from sea
I have a hard enough time with lightning on land....
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch.
Someone else taught me to knit, write, bake….
15. Adopted a child.
16. Had food poisoning.
After a date no less....no more food from that French restaurant.
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty.
They only reopened it shortly before I left....
18. Grown your own vegetables.
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in
20. Slept on an overnight train.
21. Had a pillow fight.
22. Hitch hiked.
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill. (Called a mental health day for a reason)
24. Built a snow fort.
25. Held a lamb.
26. Gone skinny dipping.
27. Run a marathon.
28. Ridden a Gondola in
29. Seen a total eclipse.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset.
31. Hit a home run.
32. Been on a cruise.
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors.
35. Seen an Amish community.
36. Taught yourself a new language.
Does the ability to write in the Runic alphabet count?
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied. (When the debt balance = 0)
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person.
39. Gone rock climbing.
Does vaulting up rocks after the Tech Sergeant count?
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David in person.
41. Sung Karaoke.
43. Bought a stranger a meal in a restaurant.
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight.
46. Been transported in an ambulance.
47. Had your portrait painted.
48. Gone deep sea fishing.
49. Seen the Sistine chapel in person.
50. Been to the top of the
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling.
This would be a bad idea—I don’t do the whole underwater thing well.
52. Kissed in the rain.
53. Played in the mud.
54. Gone to a drive-in theater. (Granted, I was about 5 at the time)
55. Been in a movie.
56. Visited the
57. Started a business.
58. Taken a martial arts class
60. Served at a soup kitchen.
61. Sold Girl Scout cookies.
62. Gone whale watching.
63. Gotten flowers for no reason.
64. Donated blood.
I’m not allowed for weight reasons.
65. Gone sky diving.
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp.
67. Bounced a check.
68. Flown in a helicopter.
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy.
70. Visited the
71. Eaten Caviar.
72. Pieced a quilt.
73. Stood in
74. Toured the
75. Been fired from a job.
76. Seen the Changing of the Guard in
77. Broken a bone.
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle.
79. Seen the
80. Published a book.
81. Visited the
82. Bought a brand new car.
83. Walked in
84. Had your picture in the newspaper.
85. Read the entire Bible.
86. Visited the White House.
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating.
88. Had chickenpox.
89. Saved someone’s life.
90. Sat on a jury.
91. Met someone famous. (Mandy Patinkin, Tony Bennett, Audra McDonald….)
92. Joined a book club.
93. Lost a loved one.
94. Had a baby.
95. Seen the
96. Swum in the
97. Been involved in a law suit. (Only insofar as who was getting custody of me)
98. Owned a cell phone.
99. Been stung by a bee.