Thursday, March 08, 2007

Shut Down Day--Turn the Computer Off

They are having an international "Shutdown Day"--a day where we try to walk away from our various keyboards and try to remember what life was like before we were like before computers ruled our minds and times.

It's Saturday, March 24. More information and option to participate is available at Shutdown Day

I will not be participating. For those of you who have been following the job hunt/progress/etc etc I did finally land the start date for the full time job that I got in December. Yes, it really took three months for them to cough up a start date--No, they won't tell me what the hold up was.

Because of that and because heaven forbid I start sleeping at nights--I have 22 days left to upload all of the 04-05 data for my larger database. That Saturday will be one of my days to make a final push at getting everything accomplished before I start my "real job" on March 26.

So unfortunately I will be in front of my computer. But I hope that all of you will be able to take and enjoy the day and go outside and breathe somewhat springlike air.

Cheers

No comments: