Thursday, July 26, 2007

Can I Throw Away $600 Too??

Have you seen this news story about a library's Trustees wearing Star Shaped Badges proclaiming their status? Okay...maybe I grew up in a bizarre small town but I don't remember the trustees getting to wear sheriff badges and sharing them with friends who "flash them to get a better parking space." Is anyone else thinking what I am? Oh look, a toy sheriff badge, why are they flashing that at me while trying to steal my parking spot?

Library Trustees are important, valuable people. I hold a firm belief in this. I know of one specific woman, the mom of a friend of mine, who is going to be an amazing advocate as a trustee. I've seen trustees do great and horrible things for libraries.

But sheriff badges?

By the way--you should at least read the last line of the news story. It's a nice chuckle.

Thanks Blake at LisNews for the heads up!

No comments: