Saturday, June 09, 2007

I want a Pipe Organ in my Macy's...

I'm an irregular Macy's frequenter--mostly there when I'm buying gifts for the various special men in my life (they have great shirts)--or when I need a new purse (I heart Nine West). I was amused and interested in seeing a story from today's NYT on a Pipe Organ in their Philadelphia store.

It's an interesting history of an organ built specifically for the St. Louis World Exposition, then moved to the department store, which has been kept on a respirator but now is having new life breathed back into it. Macy's has obviously put a lot of dedication (along with donor monies) into restoration. It will be a tourist attraction as well as an interesting way to provide music for shoppers and I applaud them for the efforts.

No comments: