Thursday, November 01, 2007

NaNoWriMo: A Personal Writing Challenge

It's November 1--somehow, amazingly, and it's time for NaNoWriMo. For those uninitiated this is a challenge each winter undertaken by writers to get productivity up. They set themselves a goal of writing a 50,000 word novel in the 30 days of November.

It's a prompt to start writing, a deadline to work towards. And in WriMo fashion, I'm going to try for a goal of my own this month. My goal-- write for at least 15 minutes a day. Blogging and email don't count but I continue to count my private journal, because I get a lot of great ideas from my own life. My hope is that by November 30, I'll have some ideas on paper, some directions to take and maybe, I'll have gotten through a few things.

They also say it takes 30 days to form a new habit and writing would be a good one for me to get back into.

Reports as I go--plan to hold me accountable.

No comments: