Tuesday, January 15, 2008

A Theme Song Full of "La" : Smurfs

Did you know Smurfs have been around for 50 years? News story with cool historical info here.

I can remember them being on Saturday morning cartoons in the early 80s--though I'll admit the memories are hazy. This will soon be remedied--in February Smurfs: Season 1 will be released! I do the data entry for the children's DVDs orders, though not the selections, and I threatened to order these even if my coworker doesn't select them. I can't be the only one excitedly awaiting the chance to add "smurf" back into my vocabulary as a catch all word.

And your Smurf trivia du jour? Without looking it up (or reading to the bottom of the news story)-- what's Gargamel's cat's name?

La, la, la, la, la, la -- la, la, la, la, la

2 comments:

a real librarian said...

Azreal!!! OMG, I LOVED the Smurfs!!!!!

Dumpling said...

And there's more Smurfing to come..in laydee form!

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/article.html?in_article_id=84093&in_page_id=34