Thursday, July 17, 2008

My Starbucks is Closing!!

Though certainly not as bad as it was when I lived in New York and passed three Starbucks on my way to work, I have a mild addiction to Starbucks. In the winter, it's vanilla lattes and blueberry scones. In the summer, venti iced green tea with a single pump of classic. I wrote my undergraduate thesis at one on the north side of Indianapolis; I have had innumerable talks with friends, addressing all kinds of drama at others.

It was something Sibling-the-Elder pointed out as a bonus when I moved to La Crosse that I wasn't really that far from the local Starbucks. Not an around the corner stroll but certainly right on the way to work and I could rollerblade.

It's one of the 600 they are closing
.

There's a lot of whining going on at Chez Hedgehog. It was a super long tough day filled with completely uncontrolled children, parents who are more interested in their laptop screens than they are their four year olds (seriously--one got outside today before anyone noticed), and just not enough sanity to go around. My business manager and Madame Director both came by for piece of chocolate and I think the RefQueen was headed down for it this evening.

Ah well, there's still three independent coffee shops downtown and I own an espresso machine and a coffee maker. And a tea kettle that gets a ridiculous amount of use when it's not eleventy-hundred degrees out.

I suppose I'll survive. Somehow.

No comments: